Table of Contents
Practising proper skin and beauty care keeps your complexion radiant, free of irritations, and looking good even decades past your 20s. While there’s no shortage of skincare products out there, a lot of them contain chemicals that are harsh to your skin and can sometimes do more harm than good. When you’re shopping for skincare, it’s best to choose tried-and-true brands that use clinically tested ingredients from nature. Avene is one such brand.
Instead of shady chemicals, they use carefully chosen ingredients that soothe your skin and nourish it with nutrients. Their secret active ingredient is the health-giving thermal water from the spring Saint-Odile.
About Avene Cosmetics
Avene is a world-renown brand that’s recommended by dermatologists all over the world for people with sensitive and problematic skin. Each of Avene cosmetics formulas contains Thermal Spring Water, which soothes, softens, and calms the skin. This brand is dedicated to sensitive skin and increasing the quality of life for people of all skin types. They use their pharmaceutical and dermatological expertise to create products of the highest quality.
Every formula is extensively tested by their dermatological laboratories to assure its safety and tolerability. Dermatologists are involved in the product development process, as well as pre-clinical and clinical testing on a large number of patients. Scientists examine their recipes and the toxicological profiles of each individual element. All clinical trials are conducted under physician supervision to ensure the safety of sensitive skin.
The Thermal Spring that Avene cosmetics uses for its products is located in the Haut-Languedoc Regional Park in southern France. This Water is safe from modern-day technology, pollution, and contamination because of its pristine biodiversity and low rate of human activity.
Whether you’re looking for treatment for a certain skin condition or just everyday skincare, you can find Avene products suited for your needs. Avene cosmetics offer a wide variety of products for all types of skin. They’re suitable for hypersensitive, dehydrated, redness-prone, or aging skin. They’re also great for eczema-prone, acne-prone, and cancer-affected skin, as well as post-procedure skin treatments.
What Are Their Best Sellers?
The skincare products by Avene cosmetics offer solutions for a variety of skin problems. Here are some of their best-sellers that you might need to introduce to your skincare routine:
- Thermal Spring Water Spray – The bottled spring water spray soothes and softens your sensitive skin. It balances out your skin’s pH value and nourishes it with minerals. This product doesn’t contain fragrances, parabens, and alcohols and it immediately refreshes and relieves your skin.
- Lipid-Replenishing Cleansing Oil – This is a gentle cleanser that traps the moisture in your skin and prevents it from drying up. It creates a protective barrier and doesn’t strip your skin from its natural microbiome. It doesn’t contain any fragrances, soaps, alcohols, parabens, mineral oils, or ingredients derived from animals. The best part about this Avene cleanser is that it’s safe for your whole family. Both you and your kids can enjoy its skin-friendly properties.
- Restorative Protective Cream – This cream is made for fragile and sensitive skin and it’s suitable for the entire family. It improves your skin’s appearance by repairing it and increasing its moisture levels. This versatile cream is fragrance-free, paraben-free, and alcohol-free, and it doesn’t clog your pores.
- RetinAL Intensive Cream – It visibly lowers the appearance of deep wrinkles and furrows by smoothing them out. It makes your skin appear plump and firm, with a balanced skin tone and radiance. The antioxidants present in this intensive cream help in the neutralization of free radicals.
- RetinAL Eyes – This is a hydrating 3-in-1 Avene eye cream that provides nourishment for your eye contour. It makes your eye area appear firmer and more radiant. The thermal spring water in this cream additionally softens and soothes your skin.
Discovery of the Avene Thermal Spring
The story of this brand starts in the far-off year of 1736, in the French town of Avene, which is located next to the Orb River. A horse belonging to the Marquis of Rocozels suffered from alopecia. He rolled in the spring’s water on a regular basis to relieve its itching skin. After some time, the therapeutic properties of the Thermal Spring were discovered. The horse’s coat was reportedly returned to its previous lustrous and healthy state.
What Are the Benefits of the Avene Thermal Spring?
The Marquis was inspired by the water’s indisputable powers to create the first Thermal Spring Water baths. Here they welcomed patients that had skin issues such as atopic dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, and burns. After 3 decades, the Thermal Spring Water is recognised by the Montpellier Academy of Medicine, Europe’s dermatological authority, for its medicinal characteristics and efficacy. The Avene Hydrotherapy Centre’s becomes renowned for its soothing abilities in treating skin issues. In the year 1847, the French government declares Thermal Spring Water to be of official public benefit.
In 1975, Pierre Fabre Laboratories, France’s second-largest private pharmaceutical firm, buys the Avene Hydrotherapy Centre. After years of research on the health-giving properties of thermal water on sensitive and fragile skin, Pierre Fabre introduces the Centre to medicine and science.
The First Eau Thermal Products
Avene’s first products date back to the year 1990. They were made at a manufacturing facility, which was built on the Spring to prevent transferring the water. Twenty years later, they gave rise to the first sterile, preservative-free solution for allergic skin. Only necessary components are used in this type of packaging design to restore balance and sustain microbiota.
The Site houses a scientific research institution that conducts clinical evaluations of over 170 studies, research testing, and scientific communication on the Thermal Water. The Avene Hydrotherapy Center was the first in France to be awarded Aquacert HACCP Thermalisme accreditation, which stresses conformity with excellent hydrotherapy standards.
Avene’s Thermal Water is one of the natural remedies for healthy and glowing skin, especially for those with problematic and sensitive skin. Over the years, numerous consumers of Avene cosmetics and visitors of the well-known Hydrotherapy centre stand by its benefits. If you’re someone who’s struggling to find suitable products for your sensitive skin, I suggest that you give this brand a try.